How to create an event in TVU Remote Commentator
Creating an event in TVU Remote Commentator allows you to become an active commentary platform participant providing remote broadcasting solutions for live announcers, on-air hosts, and sporting event commentators.
To create an event in TVU Remote Commentator:
- Log into TVU Remote Commentator.
- In the left panel, click Input to open the drop-down menu. Then, select an input receiver from the list. This input selection sends the event feed to the commentator.
- Click the Output drop-down menu and select Receiver.
- Select an output (destination) receiver from the list. The receiver you select receives the audio and video feed from the remote commentator that is ready to go out for airplay.
- Click the Create button in the top-right corner of the screen.
- The Create an Event pop-up window displays.
To configure the event settings:
- In the Create an event pop-up window, enter the Event Name.
- Enter a Start date, Start time, and End time, you have two methods:
Method 1: Click the Start time field and select the event date and times from the pop-up menu, then click OK.
Method 2: Click Now. Enter the event time duration in the End time field.
- To change your preset selection, click the Reset button and re-enter your preset selection.
- When you finish, click OK.
- Select an input source from the Input and Please Select drop-down menus.
- Select an Output source from the Output and Receiver drop-down menus.
- Set the maximum latency threshold for the commentator by using the Delay slider.
- Select a video resolution and frame rate from the Output Format drop-down menu.
- The Region displayed is predetermined by the best match by the TVU Remote Commentator.
- In the Remark field, enter a description of the event.
- Click the Save button.
Watch our YouTube Tutorials
Watch product tutorials for all TVU products on our YouTube channel.
About TVU Remote Commentator
TVU Remote Commentator is a cloud-based commentary platform. On-air announcers and talent can call the action from their homes, hotel rooms, offices – wherever there’s an internet connection. Using a simple browser-based interface on a laptop or smart device, TVU Remote Commentator allows talent to simply log in and become part of the production. Talent sees a low-latency, high-quality preview of the event and can add commentary that’s 100% in sync with the program, thanks to TVU’s auto-sync technology.