How to add an SRT output in TVU Channel
TVU Channel makes it simple for anyone to take a channel to “Air” and output your channel to an SRT stream.
To add an SRT output:
- To add an output destination, click the Go Live button.
- Click +Add to list possible output options, from social media to professional broadcast formats.
- Choose the SRT option.
- Type in a descriptive Name for the output, such as “Output_via_SRT”
- Set the video Resolution for this output. A higher resolution improves quality but increases network traffic.
- Set the Bitrate for your output. The bitrate determines how much networking capacity you are dedicating to the output. A higher bitrate increases network traffic but improves quality.
- You have three options with SRT streams for communicating with your receiver:
- When Caller mode is selected, the stream is initiated by the encoder and connects to a specific hostname and port number with the receiving side in Listener mode.
- When Listener mode is selected, the stream is initiated from the receiving side, and the receiver is in Caller mode.
- When Rendezvous is selected, it allows the encoder and receiver to negotiate together to establish an SRT session via the same port number on each side.
- If you have selected Caller or Rendezvous mode, enter a Hostname for the destination receiver.
- For all modes, enter a Port number for the destination receiver.
- Latency and signal delay are advanced settings, and we recommend you do not modify the default settings unless you have an in-depth knowledge of Latency and signal delay.
- The Packet Size field is an advanced setting, and we recommend you do not modify the default settings unless you have an in-depth knowledge of Packet Size.
- Select a three-letter Language Code in the drop-down menu to identify the main language spoken/displayed in the feed.
- Click the Save button to finish creating this new SRT output destination. You can also click the Save and Go Live button to save it and immediately make this output active.
- Move the slider to the right when your SRT media displays in the output pop-up window to activate your new SRT output destination.
- To change the settings on this output, click on the three-dot icon (…) and click Settings. Change the settings as needed and Save your changes.
- To deactivate this output destination, click the slider to the left. It will turn gray to indicate it is deactivated.
- To delete this output destination, click the slider to the left to deactivate it. Then click on the three-dot icon (…) and select Delete.
Take me to more How-to’s for Channel.
Watch our YouTube Tutorials
Watch product tutorials for all TVU products on our YouTube channel.
About TVU Channel
TVU Channel is a cloud streaming service created by TVU Networks that completely revolutionizes creating, managing, operating, and monetizing a 24/7 digital channel. Using cellular bonding and low latency features, broadcasters & producers alike can manage remote productions and multi-camera live streaming with ease. Our zero infrastructure environment has massively reduced the time, cost, and complexity of creating custom channels. In addition to creating new content channels, many broadcasters use Channel as a backup for their television stations Master Control.