9 Best Wireless Video Transmitters of 2022
From studio production to live event productions, wireless video transmitters are used in both and many cases. In this article, we list and discuss some of the best video transmitters for all types. From stand-alone video transmitters to live video transmitter packs containing live streaming encoders. Learn the Pros and Cons of each and discover which is best for your needs.
What is a wireless video transmitter?
A wireless video transmitter is a device that encodes and transmits (or broadcasts) video output from a camera to a video receiver. At broadcast events, you will see cameramen with sets of devices around them making it possible for them to broadcast a live video stream. The broadcasting equipment helps them capture, encode, and transmit their live video and audio using a wired connection or even a wireless one.
In order to transmit live video, there are 2 critical components that you must know. First, you have to encode the captured video into a format that can be transmitted over the internet. Second, you need a receiver able to receive the video that was transmitted.
Wireless Video Transmitters & Live Streaming Encoders
A live streaming encoder creates a copy of your video and converts the video to a format that is compatible to transmit over the internet. The wireless transmitter then takes that formatted video and transmits it over the public internet and/or your service provider.
Taking cable runs out of the picture makes this perfect for remote production scenarios. All that’s needed is a stable internet connection.
Video transmitters and encoders can be separate parts, hardware, or even software. It’s most efficient when a live streaming encoder is built into a video transmitter. This is mostly the case for “wireless” video transmitters, but it depends on your main needs, budget, and setup.
Professional broadcasters usually go with packs, an all-in-one device containing an encoder and transmitter that has the ability to go wired or wireless. These devices also come with necessary setups providing many other options to better encode and transmit live video.
9 Of the Best Wireless Video Transmitters
There are many use cases for wireless video transmitters. In this guide, we will go over the best that can be used for remote broadcasting.
All transmitters are equipped with their own unique set of features, operations, and price points. You will be able to find the answers to determine what video transmitter is best for your streaming purpose, the features needed, and within your budget.
Let’s continue and explore the top wireless video transmitters for remote broadcasting on the market.
TVU Networks – TVU One
TVU Networks provides the development, manufacturing, and sale of mobile broadcasting equipment and IP cloud-based products and services.
Dominating the broadcasting market with its IP live video solutions throughout the entire media supply chain, TVU Networks has become a global staple innovating their technology for capturing, transmitting, producing, distributing, managing, and indexing live video content. Solutions can be used individually from local communities to international television broadcasts in over 180 countries worldwide.
TVU One, the flagship all-in-one wireless video transmitter and live streaming encoder, provides top-notch features for wireless video transmissions and live multi-camera productions. It provides a high level of reliability and transmission stability built to be used in the most remote parts of the world. The toughest conditions have yet to challenge its durability and question its reliability.
The TVU One transmitter delivers 4K broadcast-quality live video via a native 5G transmitter. Broadcasts are well under sub-second latency with transmission speeds over 100 Mbps and real-time live streaming H265/HEVC encoding.
Users have options far beyond the norm for virtually any situation. It all comes together from the encoding hardware chip, the proven patented Inverse StatMux Plus technology, also known as IS+. TVU One comes with a built-in real-time dual live stream encoding. This makes it possible to go live under any network condition which is great for IRL backpack streamers.
The processing power behind TVU One enables 4K60fps HDR live stream encoding as low as 3Mbps. Provides incredible colors enhancing details of any live-action with 10-bit HDR/HLG transmissions for optimal color depth and richness bringing audiences into the story.
TVU One Features
- All-In-One Streaming Solution – Video/Audio Transmitter & Encoder built for enterprise-level live video productions, but can also be used for any need locally. TVU One’s versatility makes it easy for all to get started.
- Native 5G Transmitter – Get high-speed and high-quality live video over a 5G cellular bonded network.
- Sub-Second Latency – Transmit 4K video fast with no gaps or jumps.
- Dual Real-Time Encoding – Encode H265 and save a copy in full 4K quality.
- Battery Life – This comes with long-lasting 4.5-hour battery life and can be extended with a PowerPac, a powerful and compact battery adapter that can also charge your cameras, phones and computers..
- Cellular Bonding – Aggregates cellular networks over 180 countries making it great for remote broadcasting and IRL streaming.
- Data Connections: Up to 12 IP bonding data connections aggregated simultaneously: 3G/4G/5G, LTE, WiFi, Ethernet, Ka-Band, Ku-Band Satellite, Microwave, and BGAN.
- Patented IS+ Transmissions – Maximize reliability and reduce latency in the most difficult environments even in moving vehicles.
- Supports: Multi-camera live streaming, frame-synchronization, IFB communication, remote control, and video return.
- TVU Ecosystem – Make your live event production versatile for any condition or environment. All TVU products work together in the cloud giving you the ability to scale productions without the costs.
Advantages of TVU One (Pros)
- TVU One is a perfect wireless video transmitter for remote broadcasting. You can be virtually anywhere and still have the ability to connect and go live.
- The IS+ transmission algorithm in TVU One chips provides reliable transmissions and makes it easy to transmit very high-quality video for the lowest data sizes.
- While anyone is able to go live from anywhere it makes sense that it is also built for durability and strength. TVU One comes solid and ready for all types of environments.
- With 12 data connections, available users can never run out of options to connect. Along with this bandwidth increases when aggregating all the connections simultaneously.
- Cloud Ecosystem Integration
- Ease of use, only One On/Off button, therefore the name TVU One. Press On and you are ready to go live.
- 24/7 Customer Support including remote access to your device for maintenance and set-up
- Multiple award-winning technologies.
TVU One Price: TVU One pricing of itself and its other versions requires contact. Please contact TVU Networks customer service to get pricing on these units.
Best For: Remote Production. TVU One comes packed with all the features needed and more for remote production broadcasts. But it doesn’t stop there, as TVU Networks has built many enterprise video solutions for news broadcasts, sports, and live events along with an entire full ecosystem of solutions that help produce with less cost and effort in the cloud. For those looking to produce remotely, save more, and create great stories from anywhere.
Teradek – Bolt 4K
Teradeck is a staple in video broadcasting and live video streaming from amateur to professional. Many of their products make it easy for anyone to jump in and start broadcasting. Their products serve users globally and are affordable. There aren’t many products from Teradek that are all-in-one. Most are separate and focus on one particular area. To carry out certain live broadcasts you may need several of their products to get the job done.
Teradek’s Bolt 4K is a series of wireless video transmitters that can manage 4K video transmissions with zero delay. Its purpose is to improve HDR workflows and provides notable features for high-quality video transmissions.
Their new Bolt 4K series is designed to provide enhanced camera integrations using upgraded hardware for better signal frequency strength. This helps to stay connected from the cameraman to the monitor for any case.
They come with different solutions services: Compact (Bolt 4K LT), Professional (Bolt 4K), and Handheld (Bolt 4K Monitor Modules). To add to this they also provide the Bolt 4K Max to boost ranges from 1500 feet to 5000+ feet and achieve maximum clarity with clean wireless images at farther distances.
Teradek Bolt 4K Features
- TRU HDR: 10-bit 4:2:2 zero-delay wireless transmission.
- Resolutions: 4K video with enhanced 1080p60 for sharper more detailed image
- Cross Compatible: Compatible with different Bolt 4K versions (TX/RX)
- App Manager: Control pairing, LUT output, and wireless signal monitoring
- Security: DFS & AES-256 encryption
- Range: 750 to 1500-foot ranges (4K Max: 5000+ feet ranges)
Advantages of Teradek Bolt 4K (Pros)
- Works for very high-quality live productions
- Strong features for very high wireless image quality
Teradek Bolt 4K Price: Teradek’s pricing for the Bolt 4K series solutions ranges from $3300 to around $15000.
Best For: If you are looking to make your workflow easier in a particular area of transmitting video from multiple cameras during production. This can come in handy for you.
Minemedia – Q9
MiNE Media is a 4G streaming device supplier with a portfolio consisting of fixed and portable encoding devices allowing fast and stable video streaming. The main focus is to have consistent bandwidth and secure connection enabling users to create, manage, and share high-quality live broadcasts remotely.
MiNE Media showcases their latest all-in-one wireless video transmitter and live streaming encoder, Mine Q9 5G Live Bonding Encoder. An easy and lightweight device using bonded IP networks included with a cloud network.
Mine Q9 has an array of features that support outdoor live streaming and remote production conditions. It manages 4K encoding for high-quality broadcast images with an independent audio and video processing chip.
Built for portability, ease of use, and simple operations. Live video streams go directly to Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and more through RTMP/RTMPS/RTSP/SRT.
Mine Q9 Features
- Connectivity: Wireless 5G streaming encoder with 6 SIM, WiFi, Ethernet
- Bonded Cellular Networks: Bond up to 8 networks (1)5G LTE, (5)4G LTE
- Video: Up to 1080p60
- Encoding: Encodes AVC/H.264
- Supports: multi-streaming, remote control app,
Advantages of Mine Q9 (Pros)
- Independent audio/video processor AGC for HD audio input
- HDMI/SDI dual input channel switch freely
Minemedia Mine Q9 Price: Mine Q9 can be found from around 10.000 euros.
Best For: Minemedia Q9 has strong features that are great for those looking to film outdoors.
Hollyland – Mars Pro
Hollyland is known for its wireless products made for audio/video transmission paired with intercom solutions for real-time communication. Their hardware solutions are affordable, small, and compact in design making it easy to mount. They service the video production environments in production and on-location shoots.
Their Mars Series includes 4 different wireless video transmitters featuring a larger working range of up to 300ft with ultra-low latency. This ensures instant transmission allowing for enhanced collaboration with the production team when shooting or live streaming.
Mars Pro Features
- Latency: 0.1s – 0.07s
- Frequency: 5Ghz
- Weighs: 172.5g
- Resolutions: up to 1080p60
- Dual HDMI Ports: Support simultaneous input and output
- Usability: Effectively switch between settings using Thumbwheel Switch
- Supports: loop out and app monitoring
Advantages of Mars Pro (Pros)
- Small and compact with very lightweight, easy to use and operate.
- Good quality and usability for its price. They focus to make it as easy as possible.
Hollyland Mars Pro Price: Mars Series pricing ranges from $460 to $650.
Best For: Teams needing the most simple operations with versatile features to get a great workflow between camera and production team
LiveU – LU800
LiveU provides solutions and cloud services for live video production in news, sports, and many areas of live broadcasting. They are well known most for their innovative history, quality, and products for many live production cases and environments.
LiveU LU800 is a powerful multi-camera production-level wireless video transmitter and live streaming encoder. An all-in-one solution for critical transmission and live productions in native 5G.
The highest focus for LU800 is on sports and live news coverage designed for quality, stability, and reliability. Yet it pushes beyond those verticals alone with versatile capabilities in complex production environments. For example, one unit can sync 4 high-resolution feeds and become a multi-cam unit at any time.
The LU800 comes with built-in remote production tools helping anyone produce professional quality live broadcasts. With native 5G transmissions and ultra-low latency, LU800 ensures a high-performance delivery for all cellular frequencies. Using up to 8 internal 5G/4G dual SIM modems it can bond up to 14 connections over their patented HEVC technology.
- All-In-One Streaming Solution – Video/Audio built-in transmitter and streaming encoder.
- Native 5G Transmitter – Transmits high-speed broadcast quality video with 5G cellular bonded technology.
- Latency: Sub-second latency making gaps nonexistent
- Transmission Speed: Deliver 4K video supporting up to 70Mbps
- Data Connections: Up to 14 IP bonding data connections aggregated simultaneously.
- Supports: Multi-camera production, frame-sync, IFB communication, remote control, and video return.
Advantages of LU800 (Pros)
- Powerful and versatile production-field unit ready for most environments.
- Built for effective news and sports broadcasting.
- Offers tools enhancing remote video productions.
- Provides competitive connectivity making it possible to have a constant reliable connection at all times.
- Multiple Award-winning technologies.
- H265/HEVC encoding
- Integrate with LiveU Matrix making it easy to share and distribute live feeds.
LiveU LU800 Price: LiveU LU800 pricing of itself and its other versions requires contact. Please contact LiveU to get pricing on their units.
Best For: Complex to standard live/remote production broadcasts. For those looking for an all-in-one solution and who can save more in the long run, LiveU units are great to take a look at.
Dejero – EnGo 3x, EnGo 265, EnGo 263
Dejero focuses on delivering resilient and reliable connectivity in real-time video and networking solutions. They provide uninterrupted internet connectivity for communications powered by their Smart Blending Technology creating intelligent network aggregations. This combines the use of several telecommunication networks: 4G/5B, cellular, GEO/MEO/LEO satellite, and fixed broadband. It manages fluctuations and packet loss, expands its coverage, and provides high bandwidth for global customers.
The line of wireless mobile transmitters consists of EnGo 3x, Engo 265, and Engo 263. Each is built with a construction that is lightweight and strong using aircraft-grade aluminum. With this comes a simple and intuitive preview display with a wired remote providing access to controls.
The mobile transmitters are combined with video/audio transmission and live stream encoding using HEVC compression working as a hybrid hardware/software encoder. This helps to adapt real-time feedback with video complexity being encoded and throughput capacity and latency.
Dejero Engo Features
- Built Tough – Dejero’s mobile video transmitters are built to sustain tough environments and field use.
- Versatile – Live transmission and broadband internet access in one.
- Technology – Brings together Smart Blending and Hybrid encoding to create a resilient wireless connection
- Cellular Bonding – Supports up to 6 data connections 3G/4G/LTE/5G
- Latency – Over bonded cellular with sub-second 0.5s latency
- Security – Uses AES256 encryption
- Dual Encoding – Provides simultaneous live and video storage
- IFB Intercom – Ability to communicate between studio and operator
- Battery Life – provides up to 3 hours and can be paired with an external battery
Advantages of Dejero Engo (Pros)
- Dejero mobile video transmitters come with accessible features with a strong build inside and out ready to use on the move.
- Smart Blending & Hybrid encoding provides a strong and very stable connection used to transmit high-quality live video.
- With few features and key specs allows for more simple use with its intuitive build to make operating easier.
- Has enhanced security and encryption helping to make your content safe.
Dejero EnGo Price: Dejero requires contact. Please contact Dejero to get pricing on mobile video transmitter units.
Best For: Tough remote environments, but also great for those looking to optimize for simplicity with fewer advanced features.
Accsoon – CineEye
Accsoon focuses on developing products videographers need for demanding shots. Recently they shifted their attention to wireless transmission with their flagship product CineEye, a wireless HD video transmission system that can deliver a 1080p video signal to a max of 4 mobile devices. It allows for videographers, crew, and talent to use their mobile device and monitor what’s being shot.
Accsoon’s newest version, CineEye 2, includes an app to monitor the transmission on any mobile device with a supporting range of up to 100 meters away. With latency under 20ms, the lag is surprisingly small for an app-monitored device while matching the high-quality image. The wireless video transmitter is small and compact with expanding battery options.
- WiFi – connects sending a Wifi signal
- Receiver – Can also be a dedicated receiver
- Supports – HDMI, SDI, Audio TX, and HDMI loop out
- Antennas – Has options to integrate antennas
Advantages of CineEye (Pros)
- Small and lightweight, very easy to use and setup in seconds
- An easy option to get a transmission for production teams
- Latency is minimal enough
Accsoon CineEye Price: Accsoon CineEye can be found from 500 to 650 euros.
Best For: Those looking for a quick option to monitor captures and shoots in a simple way by just using your iOS or Android mobile device.
AVIWest & Haivision – Pro Series, Air Series
AVIWest, recently acquired by Haivision, delivers IP-based video contribution systems using their IP bonding technology SST, Safe Streams Transport. The protocol offers broadcast-grade quality transmissions over 3G/4G/5G cellular networks, LAN, Wi-Fi, satellite, and public internet.
AVIWest also was recently acquired by Haivision, which focuses on developing video streaming technology. The acquisition provides users with a portfolio of video solutions that include 5G transmission, mobile video transmission, and network bonding technology. Both with impressive progressions in their area can help Haivision further develop innovative solutions toward live broadcast-quality video content in sports, news, live event, and remote productions.
AVIWest comes with 2 wireless video transmitters with each having multiple versions providing different solutions. Pro Series is a 4K UHD Multi HD mobile transmitter, and Air Series is an ultra-portable HEVC mobile transmitter. Their main wireless video transmitter, Pro Series transmits reliable 4K/UHD and multi-camera productions over 5G networks.
Pro and Air Series transmitters also have the ability to be managed in their StreamHub Series platform built to receive, decode, and distribute live video streams. Using the wireless video transmitters with Stream Hub Series allows for remote production broadcasts and more features to make your productions easier and more affordable.
AVIWest Pro Series Features
- All-In-One: mobile video encoder and transmitter
- Connectivity: Provides 6 cellular modems (3G/4G-LTE/5G), 8 high-efficiency antennas, 8 external antennas, and 4 extension links.
- Video: HD with H.265/HEVC encoding and H.264 with speeds up to 20Mbps
- Safe Streams Transport (SST) – use less data, reduce latency, maximize reliability
- Supports: Multi-camera production, frame synchronization, video return, IFB intercom, and remote control
- HEVC Encoding: HD and UHD video transmissions
- Bonded Cellular Networks: 3G/4G/5G, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, BGAN, GX, and Ka-Band
- Internal Antennas: Paired with 4G/5G cellular networks
- StreamHub Series: receive, decode and distribute live streams
Advantages of AVIWest Pro Series (Pros)
- Aviwest wireless video transmitters are feature-rich for main necessities in remote production.
- Has many options that enhance reliability while keeping operations pretty simple to use.
- Provides integrations throughout the media lifecycle.
- Acquisition by Haivision offers the perspective in the coming months year for a full end-to-end broadcast solution.
AVIWest Pro Price: From Air Series to Pro Series prices need to be requested as there are multiple versions of the Pro Series that assist different needs. But others have commented on prices ranging between 15.000 to 25.000 Euros.
Best For: Users looking to get mid to advanced features with simple operations.
Vaxis – Storm 3000 DG
Vaxis offers wireless video transmission equipment globally across 29 countries. They are most known for their Vaxis Storm series wireless video system.
Storm is a series of products built to create a powerful wireless video system. It consists of multiple pieces of equipment including wireless transmitters, receivers, and monitors.
Vaxis Storm 3000 DG is a wireless video transmitter and receiver that comes in a sleek and intuitive design that provides up to 1Km wireless transmission distance and includes a smart fan to withstand high-temperature environments.
Vaxis Storm 3000 DG Features
- Distance: 1Km
- Frequency: 5G
- Playback: 0s
- Format: Up to 1080p60
- Supports: SDI/HDMI input & output, Up To 20 unique channels
- Weight: 260g
Advantages of Vaxis Storm 3000 DG (Pros)
- Easy to setup
- Has a stable structure and is built to operate in harsh environments
- Has strong features making it easy to perform very well in what it can do.
Vaxis Storm 3000 DG Price: Vaxis Storm series can be found from $4500 to $6580.
Best For: Cameramen or production teams with a specific need for strong standard features.
From this list, the wireless video transmitter you choose will play an important role in not just the quality but also the workflow of a production. With so many options it can seem difficult to choose.
But as you identify what your needs are you will have a better understanding of what type of wireless video transmitter you need. Although it’s important to ensure that what you choose meets all of your goals and needs.